If you’re a fan of zesty lemon and juicy blueberries, then you’re going to love these homemade lemon blueberry cookies. They’re soft, chewy, and bursting with refreshing flavors. Let’s get started on making these delightful treats:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together the softened butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the egg, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice to the bowl. Mix well until all the ingredients are combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients in the mixing bowl. Stir until a soft dough forms.
- Gently fold in the fresh blueberries, being careful not to overmix and crush them.
- Scoop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the prepared baking sheet, spacing them about 2 inches apart.
- Bake the cookies in the preheated oven for 12-14 minutes, or until the edges turn golden brown.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool on the baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring them to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, enjoy these delightful lemon blueberry cookies with a glass of milk or your favorite beverage.
These homemade lemon blueberry cookies are a perfect balance of tangy lemon and sweet blueberries. They’re a great treat for any time of the day, whether you want a quick snack or a dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth. Give this recipe a try and indulge in the delightful flavors!